Unanswered: help with validation rule

I am a novice to Access. I have to validate the user entry in a field. The allowed values in the field should be in multiple of 100's. If a user enter the value in a field as 205 or 207, a msgbox should popsup saying that to enter only in multiple's of 100's, or any sort of validation will do. Hope it is clear.
    any help is greatly appreciated.

Smile Re: help with validation rule

Originally posted by skodidhi
    I am a novice to Access. I have to validate the user entry in a field. The allowed values in the field should be in multiple of 100's. If a user enter the value in a field as 205 or 207, a msgbox should popsup saying that to enter only in multiple's of 100's, or any sort of validation will do. Hope it is clear.
    any help is greatly appreciated.
    Use the Validation Rule property for the field in your table. Like "?00" should do it. Then enter in quotes, in the Validation Text property, the text you want to be displayed when the user tries to enter the wrong value.

Gregg

Or you could treat the value as a number and perform a modulus looking for any remainder ...

Re: help with validation rule

Originally posted by basicmek
    Use the Validation Rule property for the field in your table. Like "?00" should do it. Then enter in quotes, in the Validation Text property, the text you want to be displayed when the user tries to enter the wrong value.

Gregg
    Thanks a lot Gregg, it worked.

Re: help with validation rule

Thanks a lot Gregg, it worked.
    But, got another issue now. If I tries to delete the value or closes the form without saving it, the validation text message keeps popping up.
    any idea, how to handle this.

Question Re: help with validation rule

But, got another issue now. If I tries to delete the value or closes the form without saving it, the validation text message keeps popping up.
    any idea, how to handle this.

With what I tried I was able to close the form and delete the contents of the field without the message popping up. The only time it gave me message was when I entered a value that did not match the pattern set up in the Validation Rule property. What are the other property settings for the field?

Gregg