Thread: Locked out!

Unhappy Unanswered: Locked out!

Does anyone have and idea how to remove a lock error. My WLan lost reception midway through a query. Database now wont let me alter records as it thinks I am still connected. Suspect its to do with the ldb file but cannot delete it or move it. Is it to do with corruption or simply attributes of the file. Using Access 97 and win98. Help appreciated.

Shutdown the Access base ( all user out ) and then remove manually the ldb file. By careful.....
    Saludos
    Norberto

Originally posted by Norberto
    Shutdown the Access base ( all user out ) and then remove manually the ldb file. By careful.....
    Doesnt work Norberto. All shut down but still cant delete file. (Either using windows or dos) The lock seems to have only effected the record in the table that was open at the time. Tried deleting this record from the table but wont allow it.

Do backup and repair the base....if can do it
    Saludos
    Norberto

Can you open the database at all? If not make sure everyone is out of the database and the remove record lock file and then try compact and repair.

Or is it that you can open the database and just not delete the record that was being created when it crashed? If this is the case i had somthing like this happen with a linked table from an SQL Server dbase and could not delete the record....Actually uit let me delete it but when i would open the table back up it owuld still be there....lucky it was only test data.

Done the backup and tried to repair but wont let be saying still in use by another user. Yes I can open the database ok and it would appear to be more than one record that it has locked. I have just done a copy of the database with a new name and so far seems to repair/compact ok. Just going to try altering a few records. Post back soon guys. thanks.

Worked ok by copying the database but also found that if you remove sharing on the network drive with the data on it asked if i wanted to disconnect the users. I did then re deployed sharing and checked all ok. The locking file had been deleted and replaced with a blank one. Thanks for the ideas.