Unanswered: Combining tables

I am pretty sure this isn't possible but I am not certain.

I have two tables. The two tables contain sales information. I need to combine them to be one table, 8 of the 10 culums are the same.

Here is where it gets tricky, these tables are linked tables using a Files DSN on a UNIX machine so I can't alter the original select statement which creates the tables (so these tables are more like reports).

Now I could use VBA to create a report to combine them but this needs to exportable to excel.

I would apprecite some help, if you KNOW it's not possible please let me know. Thanks

Re: Combining tables

Combining two linked tables into one access table is not possible.

What you can do is to make an append query based on these two linked tables and put the result in the access table. Here you go now you have one table to work with.

Originally posted by shea@ccr.net
    I am pretty sure this isn't possible but I am not certain.

I have two tables. The two tables contain sales information. I need to combine them to be one table, 8 of the 10 culums are the same.

Here is where it gets tricky, these tables are linked tables using a Files DSN on a UNIX machine so I can't alter the original select statement which creates the tables (so these tables are more like reports).

Now I could use VBA to create a report to combine them but this needs to exportable to excel.

I would apprecite some help, if you KNOW it's not possible please let me know. Thanks

Thanks

Thanks!

I wanted to it be one procedure but it will just have to be steps.

Thanks for the help!