Unanswered: Help wiht InnoDB

Hi,

I have installed phpdev423 with success which contains MySQL4. My problem is that I need to create a booking system database and need InnoDB as opposed to MyISAM (for referential integrity). I have tried altering the tables to InnOB wihtout success. Even in the drop down menu the choice is 'heap', 'merge' or 'MyIsam'.

Looking at the documentation I should have the option of choosing Innob in MySql4. Could anyone advise me how I could get Innodb? Would it require removing mySql?

Many thanks,

Mark

First make sure that innodb is configured on your server then you can alter your table by using alter table type = innodb
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Hi,

Being new to this could you explain where I have to configure this. How do I get to the files and what lines do i need to change? Can I keep my version of mySql that came with phpdev423.

Many thanks,

Mark

Originally posted by omiossec
    First make sure that innodb is configured on your server then you can alter your table by using alter table type = innodb

Originally posted by ypx5269
    Hi,

Being new to this could you explain where I have to configure this. How do I get to the files and what lines do i need to change? Can I keep my version of mySql that came with phpdev423.

Many thanks,

Mark
    You probably using MySQL 4 - classic. There is not InnoDB included!
    For InnoDB use the Standard or Max version of MySQL.

Info about InnoDB configuration you can find in your my.cnf file.

Ok,

Thanks for the reply