Unanswered: Importing files from Clarion/Btreive (.tps & .dat extensions) into ACCESS or EXCEL

There has to be an easy way? Any tools or do I need ODBC drivers? I have various files from older Clarion & Btreive systems in which I simply want to get the data into an excel spreadsheet or Access database. Tried renaming to .txt and .dbf, but doesn't work....HELP!!

For the Clarion files, use the Converter to export the files in the Basic format. This will give you a comma delimited file you can import into Excell or Access.

To export/import Clarion 2.1 tables to other databases I use a Database Workshop:
    http://www.degisy.com/database-workshop.php?lang=eng

Database Workshop is a professional multifunctional tool for working with databases and database objects. It uses the modern plug-in module technology that combines flexibility and versatility for working with various databases. First and foremost, Database Workshop is a data processing solution with data analysis options that can copy, export and import data to other tables. Currently, the program supports InterBase, MySql, Ms Sql, Ms Access, DBISAM, FlashFiler, KeyDb, EasyTable, TinyDb, VolgaDb, Clarion, Paradox and dBase databases. Using Database Workshop, you can perform data manipulations within a fraction of time and with much less efforts it used to take you before.
    Last edited by deleon; 06-03-04 at 05:45.

Wink Thanks

Thanks, I will surely take a look, great talking to you & it is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by deleon
    To export/import Clarion 2.1 tables to other databases I use a Database Workshop:
    http://www.degisy.com/dbwork.php?lang=eng

Database Workshop is a professional multifunctional tool for working with databases and database objects. It uses the modern plug-in module technology that combines flexibility and versatility for working with various databases. First and foremost, Database Workshop is a data processing solution with data analysis options that can copy, export and import data to other tables. Currently, the program supports InterBase, MySql, Ms Sql, Ms Access, DBISAM, FlashFiler, KeyDb, EasyTable, TinyDb, VolgaDb, Clarion, Paradox and dBase databases. Using Database Workshop, you can perform data manipulations within a fraction of time and with much less efforts it used to take you before.