Unanswered: Display a Field based on content of another field.

I have created a form and one of the fields is PAYMENT TYPE, if the selection is CREDIT CARD I want another field to appear for the CARD NUMBER, but only if the CREDIT CARD is selected.

I am fairly new to access so if the answer is easy then please forgive my ignorance

Cheers

Mogsy

Re: Display a Field based on content of another field.

Originally posted by Mogsy
    I have created a form and one of the fields is PAYMENT TYPE, if the selection is CREDIT CARD I want another field to appear for the CARD NUMBER, but only if the CREDIT CARD is selected.

I am fairly new to access so if the answer is easy then please forgive my ignorance

Cheers

Mogsy
    For help you i need see your form, datas , record source......
    Why don't send a sample base in Access 97 and then i make the update and send to you, is more easy if you are new in this.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Basic VB

I find it simpler to write down what I want to do then fill in the blanks.

The first thing you want to do is under the forms property you want to go to events and build and event to make that text box you plan to enter in CC info for invisible. And set a radio button or check box to something other than the credit card option.

Then go to your radio button for cc and enter an event in the properties for update that runs a routine to look at the value of the button if selected or not and then make the other text box visible or invisible based on its property.
    Last edited by tbz; 11-09-03 at 13:26.

Smile Re: Display a Field based on content of another field.

Originally posted by Mogsy

Cheers

Mogsy
    Another option:

If your new to Access then this probably won't appeal to you but I'll try.
    If you wanted to write a bit of program code you could simply go to the code window and in the AfterUpdate event of the field in which you enter the Payment Type, check for the Payment Type of credit card and make the number box visible otherwise make it invisible.

If you decide this is something you want to do I'm sure myself or someone else here can help you with the code.

Gregg