Question Unanswered: Combo Box Default

Is there a way to make a combo-box default to an item when a form is opened?

Re: Combo Box Default

Originally posted by jacque427
    Yes.....in your combo box in the propriety ControlSource put the name of the item
    Saludos
    Norberto

?

I didn't understand that.

In the properties of the combobox, I have a control source that is pulling the data from a table that has the item to choose. Changing that will not let me get the data that I need.

Re: ?

I didn't understand that.

In the properties of the combobox, I have a control source that is pulling the data from a table that has the item to choose. Changing that will not let me get the data that I need.
    Make a combo box with the wizard, he do the question if you want to store the display data in some were, then selewct the name of your data field ok
    Saludos
    Norberto

Smile Re: Combo Box Default

Try seting the listIndex property of the combobox in an event procedure.

Example:
    Combo Box called cbo1

cbo1.ListIndex = 3

I used this on an unbound combo box and coded it to fill the box when I entered the field (Private Sub cbo1_Enter()).

Gregg

Re: Combo Box Default

You can use the DefaultValue of the combo box to set the combo box to a specific value when you open the form. The default value will be the column that is bound to the control.

You can also set this in VBA, so you can change the what the combo box displays at any time. You would use code such as:

Me("MyComboBox").Value = 5

Or you could use:

Me("MyComboBox").Column(2) = "Default"

Figured it Out

My combo box is pulling information from another field called tocic, which is an autonumber. I used that field and it works.

Thanks for the help.