Unanswered: tbmonitor archive

Hi,

I am running "Informix Online 5.10.UC1 & STAR 5.10.UC1", I use "tbmonitor -c" option which is part of a backup script run as a cron job daily that backs up to tape. Would anyone know besides having the output "Level 0 archive is 100 percent completed" which is the only way I am presuming that database backup is complete, is there a way to check the backup can i use some unix/informix tools to check if the database is backed up ok!! I am on SCo Unix Openserver 5.0.4.... any ideas??

xor

Re: tbmonitor archive

Originally posted by xor
    Hi,

I am running "Informix Online 5.10.UC1 & STAR 5.10.UC1", I use "tbmonitor -c" option which is part of a backup script run as a cron job daily that backs up to tape. Would anyone know besides having the output "Level 0 archive is 100 percent completed" which is the only way I am presuming that database backup is complete, is there a way to check the backup can i use some unix/informix tools to check if the database is backed up ok!! I am on SCo Unix Openserver 5.0.4.... any ideas??

xor
    Hi,

No exist tools of Informix On-Line 5, to verify back-ups.
    One way to verify it is to do a restore in another place.
    If these using symbolics links with raw-devices, you can change these links so that they aim at another side and to do the restore or restore it in another server.

Gustavo.