Question Unanswered: Accessing data from another DB2 database in DB2

Hi All,

I have installed an application in a fresh DB2 database, now I want to access data which resides on another DB2 database on the same instance. So how do I go about doing it. Also if the database is on a different machine what needs to be done.

In Oracle parlance this is done using database links (when on different machine) or prefixing the other username to the table name in the SQL query.

So, what's the DB2 equivalent in this case.

Please help.

Regards,
    Azhar.

Re: Accessing data from another DB2 database in DB2

Federated Database

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by aekjobs
    Hi All,

I have installed an application in a fresh DB2 database, now I want to access data which resides on another DB2 database on the same instance. So how do I go about doing it. Also if the database is on a different machine what needs to be done.

In Oracle parlance this is done using database links (when on different machine) or prefixing the other username to the table name in the SQL query.

So, what's the DB2 equivalent in this case.

Please help.

Regards,
    Azhar.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: Accessing data from another DB2 database in DB2

Hi,

alas - federated databases - do they support distributed updates and long datatypes yet?

I remember playing around with Data Joiner a couple of months ago and couldn't retrieve BLOB datatypes.

At the VLDB 2003 in Berlin people working on cache databases, which in their setup require federation, told me IBM was about to get around the problems I mentioned above.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Federated Database

Cheers
    Sathyaram