Unanswered: IDS 9.3 installation error

Hi All,

When i try to install IDS 9.3 on Sun solaris i get the foll. error
    /etc/brand : syntax error at line 1 : '(' unexpected, is this got to do with the hardware configuration or is it platform specific installation. Actually i am trying to install Intell ultra sparc and the actual software is for Sun OS Risk based systems. Where can i get a link to download IDS 9.3, pls. advice.

Regards,

lloyd

Re: IDS 9.3 installation error

Originally posted by lloydnwo
    Hi All,

/etc/brand : syntax error at line 1 : '(' unexpected, is this got to do with the hardware configuration or is it platform specific installation. Actually i am trying to install Intell ultra sparc and the actual software is for Sun OS Risk based systems. Where can i get a link to download IDS 9.3, pls. advice.

Regards,

lloyd
    Hi,

I think that this problem is then shell. Please set /bin/sh or /bin/ksh.
    Then test permission and environment variables: User: Informix, INFORMIXDIR and PATH.

Gustavo.

Re: IDS 9.3 installation error

Originally posted by lloydnwo
    Hi All,

Regards,

lloyd
    Hi
    /etc/brand is a binary!
    I can think of 2 possible problems:
    1, The binary brand is damaged!
    2, Wrong platform or OS version.
    I hope his helps
    bye
    Sandor

Hi Gustavo / Sandor,

Thanks for your prompt help. Its definetely a different platfrom (hardware) is different. I have IDS 9.3 for Sun Solaris Risk based system & i am trying to install on Intell based platforms. My settings & env variable are correct. Any links where i can download IDS 9.3 for Intel platform. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

lloyd