Unanswered: printing access forms

Hi all

I have an access subform within a form.
    The subform displays a recordset of data that can be filtered by the user (its a basic boolean filter query).

When the user actuall opens the form, he/she is presented with an initial recordset of data that comes from various datase tables. The user can then ilter thhe search, and thus see data based on their search criteria.

The problem is when the user tries to print the filterd data (by simply using 'print' from the toolbar), the initial set of data - which is displayed when the form is opened, is always printed.

hence, the user is never able to print off the data based on their searchh criteria.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Manish

Re: printing access forms

Originally posted by manishpatel100
    Hi all

The subform displays a recordset of data that can be filtered by the user (its a basic boolean filter query).

When the user actuall opens the form, he/she is presented with an initial recordset of data that comes from various datase tables. The user can then ilter thhe search, and thus see data based on their search criteria.

The problem is when the user tries to print the filterd data (by simply using 'print' from the toolbar), the initial set of data - which is displayed when the form is opened, is always printed.

hence, the user is never able to print off the data based on their searchh criteria.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Manish
    Put in the form a button with this code:
    Private Sub Comando0_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_Comando0_Click

DoCmd.PrintOut

Exit_Comando0_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Comando0_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Comando0_Click

End Sub
    Saludos
    Norberto

Re: printing access forms

Originally posted by manishpatel100
    Hi all

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Manish
    I am not sure how you are filtering the data in the child form but there are 2 methods that I know that work the best and should allow you to print the filtered sub-form.

You can use the built in filter between forms and subforms by using the linkmasterfield and linkchildfield property of the subform. You can use this to link the fields on the form and subform. When the user changes the parent form the child will change accordingly.

The second method is to change the recordsource of the child form using the filter in the parent form as the Where clause of the childs SQL. This should make sure that you get the correct data printed out.