Unanswered: subform question

Greetings,
    I have main form along with a subform. In the subform I use the record selector to go to the next record for instance, to add new record. However, even if I do not add a new record and close it, it will assign ID and save it as a new record. Could you please tell me why?

Thanks in advance!

OCM

Re: subform question

Beucase you must have your id as Autonumber data type set in the table. With autonumber, as soon as you move to the new record, it creates a new id and places it in the new record. Now when you move out, Access saves the record, thats why you a blank record with only id in it. To fix it, either hit <ESC> key to undo the changes or use vba code to undo the changes.

Remeber ... anytime you move out of a record without undoing, your changes will be saved.

Originally posted by OCM
    Greetings,
    I have main form along with a subform. In the subform I use the record selector to go to the next record for instance, to add new record. However, even if I do not add a new record and close it, it will assign ID and save it as a new record. Could you please tell me why?

Thanks in advance!

OCM

But I did the same thing in my main form: clicked add new record and didn't put anything, close form and opened it again. It didn't save the blank record. Just to clarify, In my table I set the ID for the main table as Autonumber data type and for the subform as number datatype.

Thanks,

OCM