Unanswered: Connecting to Workgroup Engine

I am working with a database for a medical application called Lytec. The database they are using is a Pervasive Workgroup Engine. Does anyone know how to connect to one using ODBC or OLE?

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 4
    What language and interface are you using? For OLEDB, I would guess that you're using ADO. THe connection string would be something like:
    sConnStr = "Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source=DatabaseName"
    Where the DatabaseName is the Pervasive Databasename (not the ODBC DSN name). If you're accessing remote data, you can use a UNC path or a mapped drive in the Data Source parameter. If you're using Pervasive V8, the Location parameter can also be used to specify remote data (for example, "Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source=DatabaseName;Location=ServerName").
    Using ODBC, your connection string with ADO is something like:
    sConnStr = "Provider=MSDAQL.1;Data Source=DSN Name"
    sConnStr = "DSN=DSN Name"

If you need more information, please give more information on how and what you are doing including errors and versions of Pervasive you are using.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Thanks for the reply. I left out one important detail. When using this Pervasive Workgroup Engine, the database that is installed by the Lytec application has no Data Source created, therefore I am thinking I need to connect directly to the folder that the database is located. We are using VB.NET and C#, so I can go either with the ODBC or the OLEDB. But again, without the data source name I am having problems connecting. Is there a way with OLEDB to connect directly to the folder that the database is in?