Unanswered: sum elasped time

Maybe if I ask this question differently, I tried on a separate forum...

Trying to sum the overall elasped time in hours using "start" and "end" times in separate fields from multiple rows. I have tried datediff, timediff and datepart functions on this attemp.

When converting the results in minutes I can easily sum (overall) the results like so; DatePart("h",[Elasped])*60+DatePart("n",[Elasped]).
    But I can not do in hours like; DatePart("h",[Elasped]) & ":" & DatePart("n",[Elasped]) to sum (overall) in hours.

Secondly how can I sort using months?

Please advise..with examples

Re: sum elasped time

Originally posted by comf36
    Maybe if I ask this question differently, I tried on a separate forum...

Trying to sum the overall elasped time in hours using "start" and "end" times in separate fields from multiple rows. I have tried datediff, timediff and datepart functions on this attemp.

When converting the results in minutes I can easily sum (overall) the results like so; DatePart("h",[Elasped])*60+DatePart("n",[Elasped]).
    But I can not do in hours like; DatePart("h",[Elasped]) & ":" & DatePart("n",[Elasped]) to sum (overall) in hours.

Secondly how can I sort using months?

Please advise..with examples
    To calculate the sum of elapsed hours use the following example:

SELECT SUM(DATEDIFF("h", [START_TIME_FIELD], [END_TIME_FIELD])) AS DIFF_HOUR
    FROM MY_TABLE

To sort using months the best way is to create a table of months with 2 fields:

ORDER_ID as an integer
    MONTH_NAME as text

Enter the correct order id for the month. Whenever you want to sort by month join this table using the month field as the join item and use the ORDER_ID as the ORDER BY clause