Question Unanswered: Error 25588

Hi Guys,

I am using a IDS 9.3 on HP-UX box. The OS and the Informix server are both 32 bit.

I would like to simulate a situation in which Informix Throws the error 25588.

The above error is connected to Informix Bugs 144974 and 154444.

A description of the Informix Bugs 144974 and 154444 are:
    IF SHARED MEMORY FRONT END CONNECTION DIES IN STATE, WAITING, WE LOSE A CLIENTID AND SUBSEQUENT SHM CONNECTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT CLIENTID

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Anu_R
    Last edited by Anu_R; 11-11-03 at 09:36.

Re: Error 25588

Originally posted by Anu_R
    Hi Guys,

I am using a IDS 9.3 on HP-UX box. The OS and the Informix server are both 32 bit.

I would like to simulate a situation in which Informix Throws the error 25588.

The above error is connected to Informix Bugs 144974 and 154444.

A description of the Informix Bugs 144974 and 154444 are:
    IF SHARED MEMORY FRONT END CONNECTION DIES IN STATE, WAITING, WE LOSE A CLIENTID AND SUBSEQUENT SHM CONNECTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT CLIENTID

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Anu_R
    Hi,

Please check connecting for TCP/IP.

Gustavo.

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for the reply. but, I did not understand how changing to TCP/IP will help me in reproducing the error.

I am looking for steps that will throw the error.

Anu_R

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for the reply. but, I did not understand how changing to TCP/IP will help me in reproducing the error.

I am looking for steps that will throw the error.

Anu_R
    Hi,

There is vary causes for this error, It can be that someone have killed the process with command kill.
    The connection for TCP/IP is set INFORMIXSERVER=$DBSERVERALIAS instead of INFORMIXSERVER=$DBSERVERNAME (ONCONFIG values).

Gustavo.

Hi Gustavo,

I vaguely understood what you said. Could you give me more detailed steps on that please. I am sorry but I need it urgently.

another thing I wanted to ask you is :

if the process you are describing is related to client id? The informix bug description speaks of the client id right. Can you tell me something on this too.

Anu_R

Hi Gustavo,

I vaguely understood what you said. Could you give me more detailed steps on that please. I am sorry but I need it urgently.

another thing I wanted to ask you is :

if the process you are describing is related to client id? The informix bug description speaks of the client id right. Can you tell me something on this too.

Anu_R
    Hi Anu_R,

I am going to treat to help you. It can be that be a bug, but I need to observe the configuration, you can send me the ONCONFIG and the SQLHOSTS files.
    Excuse me for my english is very basic, it costs me to express all.

Gustavo.

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks a million!! I guess you mis-understood what I said. I am NOT getting this error now.

I want to get the error 25588. I want to do create a situation where Informix Throws this error and I can reproduce the Informix Bug numbers I mentioned earlier.

Infact I am trying to reproduce the Informix Bug.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
    Anu_R
    Last edited by Anu_R; 11-13-03 at 02:06.

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks a million!! I guess you mis-understood what I said. I am NOT getting this error now.

I want to get the error 25588. I want to do create a situation where Informix Throws this error and I can reproduce the Informix Bug numbers I mentioned earlier.

Infact I am trying to reproduce the Informix Bug.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
    Anu_R
    HI,

Ok, excuse me, i think for reproduce this error, you can execute the aplication from Client, then desconnect the network.
    Good luck.

Gustavo.