Unanswered: bound OLE frames

Hi,

Currently, i have a OLE type field in my employee table which is used to keep personnel images. Eventhough the users "link" the image to the file, I couldnot control the the size of my HR database and is getting bigger every time a new picture is inserted/linked. (now 450 Mb, without the images just 5 Mb.) I want to revise the db structure so that only the fullpath of the image file will be kept in a text field. In the Id form or in the reports, I'll use unbound picture frames to display the image file.

What i need is to get the filename including the full path, of the currently linked OLE field and store it in the new text field. The SourceDoc, SourceItem or SourceObject are all null string.

thanx

Re: bound OLE frames

Originally posted by syilmazer
    Hi,

Currently, i have a OLE type field in my employee table which is used to keep personnel images. Eventhough the users "link" the image to the file, I couldnot control the the size of my HR database and is getting bigger every time a new picture is inserted/linked. (now 450 Mb, without the images just 5 Mb.) I want to revise the db structure so that only the fullpath of the image file will be kept in a text field. In the Id form or in the reports, I'll use unbound picture frames to display the image file.

What i need is to get the filename including the full path, of the currently linked OLE field and store it in the new text field. The SourceDoc, SourceItem or SourceObject are all null string.

thanx
    OLE fields don't store the path name - only the object.