Unanswered: Listbox with check marks

I found a thread in dBforums in which a user asked the question, is it possible to have a listbox of checkboxes? One of the replies advised a listbox that contains an empty column that could be populated by an "x" on click, but provided no instructions...

I would like to do this. I want a listbox that a user can scroll through, clicking multiple items that they want. When they click an item, an "x" appears, when they click again, it disappears.

Any ideas?

The underlying table would have to have an extra field to store the checkbox value. I usually create a table in the front end client for that list box and fill it with data on form open. That table contains the code, description, and a check box field in my application. The on open runs an insert query that puts the records into the table that should show up in the list box.

You other option is to use loop through the List box Items the ListBox Selected property.

Don't you have to use a subform for that, though? I can't get my boxes to show up; the listbox simply displays them as a column of "No"'s.

You are indeed correct. If you do not wish to have a box around the x, you could put in an x using an iif statement in the query and onUpdate or onChange of the list, you could update your table and requery the list. Other than that, I don't know.

That's what I decided to do... thanks for getting me started!