Unanswered: either bof or eof is true, or the current record has been deleted

hi guys,

i have the following issue.

Have a delphi 5 program running against an access 97 database.
    This program runs fine one 1 computer , but not on other computers.
    On 1 computer is runs without this error msg, on some other it returns this annoying error.

This issue is that I cannot seem to close an ado record set , when this was opened when in effect not returnig any records.
    So indeed eof or bof is immediately true. I am even check for this
    and try to close my query but then i get this error msg.

I have inherited this program of another programmer and he is using:

if adoquery1.active = true then
    adoquery1.active := false

why i did this , i wound't know.

Are there any settings on access or the ado setup i caould perform?
    Somebody any ideas?

ronny

Not absolutely sure of this, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I had a problem with this a month ago, and kind of remember had something to do with .AddNew method of the ado recordset.

My problem stemmed from the fact that I deleted my table and then repopulated from another table within the db. However, if trying to add a new record to the underlying table I need to use Adodc1.Recordset.AddNew to ensure that when you open your recordset, then BOF is set to False and your table is not empty.

don't understand why it works on 1, but not on others. sounds to me that that one computer has something specific to that PC that's making the program work.

If this doesn't help, hope it points you in the right direction. Only talking about what worked for me. I spent a couple of days on that error.

Stuart

Originally posted by Kearney
    Not absolutely sure of this, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

I had a problem with this a month ago, and kind of remember had something to do with .AddNew method of the ado recordset.

My problem stemmed from the fact that I deleted my table and then repopulated from another table within the db. However, if trying to add a new record to the underlying table I need to use Adodc1.Recordset.AddNew to ensure that when you open your recordset, then BOF is set to False and your table is not empty.

don't understand why it works on 1, but not on others. sounds to me that that one computer has something specific to that PC that's making the program work.

If this doesn't help, hope it points you in the right direction. Only talking about what worked for me. I spent a couple of days on that error.

Stuart

Re: either bof or eof is true, or the current record has been deleted

hi stuart,

thx for the reply, finally i found the solution.... it is a know bug in delphi 5 and i had to apply a upgrade pack especially for this ado - bug...

greetings,

rony

Re: either bof or eof is true, or the current record has been deleted

Originally posted by ronnygoossens
    hi stuart,

thx for the reply, finally i found the solution.... it is a know bug in delphi 5 and i had to apply a upgrade pack especially for this ado - bug...

greetings,

rony
    Hi Stuart,

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have applied the upgrade but the thing is not working. I using delphi 5.

Thanks Mothobi

Hi Motho,

I'm using vb.net.

My problem was using classic ADO as converted over from vb6 to vb.net. I need to add in Adodc1.Recordset.AddNew and Adodc1.Recordset.Update.

Regarding Delphi 5. Someone above reported it being a known error.

Good luck
    Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the reply. The problem with that solution is that it applied only on Delphi 5 Professional not Enterprise. I got the solution, I have installed Delph 7 Enterprise and the error is no more.

Thanks,

Motho

Just a passing comment

Delphi 5 has known issues with ADO. D6 and/or D7 have much better success with ADO.
    Ralph D. Wilson II
    email: rwilson@thewizardsguild.com
    URL: http://thewizardsguild.com

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." A.C. Clark