Unanswered: Tables and Queries disappeared

Hi all,
    I have a got a strage problem here. This morning when I came to work, one of my colleagues told me that in a particular database, none of the tables were existing. I was surprised and had a look and got a shock. None of the tables are visible and none of the queries too. Forms and reports and macros are there, but no tables or queries. However, when I run the report, the report runs fine and displays all the data. I am surprised that from where is the data coming? Secondly when I try to open the table or query from the form or report's control source, it says "Record Deleted" and error no is 3167. The strangest thing is that when I click on the relationships window, it gives me the message "Record Deleted" and when I click on "OK", it shows me the relationship windows with the tables still intact. I am totally confused. Plz somebody help me, where could the tables and queries gone or disappeared even though the relationship windows still shows them? I also tried to click on "Hidden objects" in tools->options window, but nothing. Ok Access gurus, I really need help on this one.

Hi All,
    Well what I anticipated as an issue turned out to be a normal chore. All I had to do was just "Compact and Repair the Database" and wallah, the tables and queries were there. Damn Access, why does it try to be like this? I dont understand if it is trying to be over intelligent or over dumb. Cant it simply pop up a question asking the user to compact and repair the database instead of making tables disappear? Microsoft, plz listen..........................