Angry Unanswered: Navigation Buttons questions

Ok, maybe I am just not thinking clearly, but I am trying to create my own record navigation toolbar (exactly like the one at the bottom of a form) and I am having a little trouble getting the total count to appear in a text box. The current record was not a problem, I just entered =[CurrentRecord] in the control source. But there is not anything there for a total count.

I am trying to avoid going in to code and setting a recordset and counting it that way because I am also using a form filter and the count would be affected by that.

Any suggestions?

Re: Navigation Buttons questions

Well, I have noticed a few people have visited the post so I thought I should tell what I did to get around the issue. I am sure there is probably a better way, but, heck, this worked for me:

Using the form_Current event, I used an SQL select statement and a recordset to run the recordcount on the data. Fortunately, with the filtering issue, I was lucky enough to have used a frame with 5 different values to kick off the form filter. All I had to do was reference the frame value and edit the SQL accordingly with a variable and a select case method.

Well, it works and life is good again until the next issue occurs.

Thanks

Originally posted by abboabbo
    Ok, maybe I am just not thinking clearly, but I am trying to create my own record navigation toolbar (exactly like the one at the bottom of a form) and I am having a little trouble getting the total count to appear in a text box. The current record was not a problem, I just entered =[CurrentRecord] in the control source. But there is not anything there for a total count.

I am trying to avoid going in to code and setting a recordset and counting it that way because I am also using a form filter and the count would be affected by that.

Any suggestions?

Don't you still need to use a recordset adn code? I was thinking of something along those lines but coudn't figue out how to do it without some VBA code which would ultimatly use a recordset.

Yes, I ended up having to go to code and set a recordset. I was hoping to have a better way which wouldn't require as much processor time. I thought the form level would be able to tell me how many records I had. I mean, if it can tell me the current record, then it probably does. I just didn't have enough time to find out how I could get to it and had to go with the RST approach.

Originally posted by adrkoehler
    Don't you still need to use a recordset adn code? I was thinking of something along those lines but coudn't figue out how to do it without some VBA code which would ultimatly use a recordset.