Question Unanswered: error during online backup by omniback

Hi Friends,

I am taking online backup of DB2 UDB on HPUX 11.11 using HP Data Protector 5.1. I dont know much about DB2.

Backup runs fine. But db2diag.log file is flodding with these entries every second. These start being created when the backup starts & stops when backup finishes.

2003-11-06-06.05.59.355437 Instance:db2s24 Node:000
    PID:21214(db2med.19216.0) Appid:none
    oper_system_services SignalDispositionMemento__r Probe:20

0000 0016

I tried a lot on web get the meaning of this error. but failed..Please help me. I am not sure about the Diagnostic Level. Please let me know how to find it. Is this error can be ignored ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Pradep Gupta

Re: error during online backup by omniback

db2 get dbm cfg | grep -i diag

will show the diaglevel you are using ...

If it happens to be 4, change it to 3. If you are on V7 or lower, you will have to restart the instance ... Following the change, if the message is not thrown, then it is OK ...

Otherwise, you will have to contact IBM Tech Support and open a PMR ..

Have you done a db2ckbkp on the backup image ? Details can be found in the command reference

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by pgupta101
    Hi Friends,

I am taking online backup of DB2 UDB on HPUX 11.11 using HP Data Protector 5.1. I dont know much about DB2.

Backup runs fine. But db2diag.log file is flodding with these entries every second. These start being created when the backup starts & stops when backup finishes.

2003-11-06-06.05.59.355437 Instance:db2s24 Node:000
    PID:21214(db2med.19216.0) Appid:none
    oper_system_services SignalDispositionMemento__r Probe:20

0000 0016

I tried a lot on web get the meaning of this error. but failed..Please help me. I am not sure about the Diagnostic Level. Please let me know how to find it. Is this error can be ignored ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Pradep Gupta
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.