Thread: Continuous Form

Unanswered: Continuous Form

I have a continuous form in MS Access 97. Two of my fields are combo boxes. I want to conditionally enable or disable combo box B based on the value of combo box A.

For example:

if cboA = "testval" then
    cboB.enabled = true
    else
    cboB.enabled = false
    end if

This works, except when it goes thouhg the if statement, it enables or disables the box for every row - is ther a way to conditionally format a combo box for the current row only?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Re: Continuous Form

Originally posted by secutanudu
    I have a continuous form in MS Access 97. Two of my fields are combo boxes. I want to conditionally enable or disable combo box B based on the value of combo box A.

For example:

if cboA = "testval" then
    cboB.enabled = true
    else
    cboB.enabled = false
    end if

This works, except when it goes thouhg the if statement, it enables or disables the box for every row - is ther a way to conditionally format a combo box for the current row only?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    There is a way to do it on a continuous form - an example can be found at http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0024.htm

Re: Continuous Form

Originally posted by secutanudu

For example:

if cboA = "testval" then
    cboB.enabled = true
    else
    cboB.enabled = false
    end if

Thanks,
    Andrew
    You can use the Form Current Event for restore the condition of cboA and cboB for the next current record.
    Then when you pick in another record in any place the cboA and cboB are in the initial condition.
    ok
    Saludos
    Norberto