Unanswered: Snapshot/Transaction repl: Distribution Agent fails to create

SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, all on the latest service packs/hotfixes.

My current replication topology has multiple publishers and subscribers, all using a single distributor. The distributor is its own server. All three forms of replication are being used successfully, with one exception...

When I create a push subscription to a particular database on a particular subscriber (in this case either transactional or snapshot), everything seems to work fine. However, even though the subscription was successfully created, the subscription status is always pending, and when I check for the distribution agent on the distributor, it is never there. Here are some additional items that will help to describe the situation:

Other subscribers, with the same database name, are successfully subscribed to the same publication I am dealing with above, and they are receiving data as expected.

Replication is running successfully between the same publisher and subscriber that I am referring to above, but for other databases. The only issue I have is this one particular database on this one particular subscriber.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Any thoughts on how to alleviate the problem would be appreciated!

Re: Snapshot/Transaction repl: Distribution Agent fails to create

Could you give me more information regarding your subscriber? Do you have any other databases in the subscriber? Have you tried to create subscriptions on those databases? How did you create the push subscription?

Re: Snapshot/Transaction repl: Distribution Agent fails to create

Originally posted by joejcheng
    Could you give me more information regarding your subscriber? Do you have any other databases in the subscriber? Have you tried to create subscriptions on those databases? How did you create the push subscription?

I do have several databases on the subscriber. Each of those databases are being successfully replicated to. In fact, some of those databases are receiving data from the same publisher in which I am having this problem. I have attempted to create the push subscription using both the GUI and SQL Script you can generate. Both seem to succeed without any error... just no distribution agent.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help.