Unanswered: merging access with word.

I have a client who wants to search for information on a form then generate a report. He generates serveral reports then merges them all into one word document manually. I would like to know if i can some how code a button that will generate the word document for him. I deally he should be able to save all the reports seperately and then push a button select a comination a reports and the report template and generate a complete word report ducument.

Is their anything i can use in access that can do this. I am still exploring different options of generating reports. Any other suggestions or areas to research would be great.

thank you.
    Nerdy Girl

Talking Re: merging access with word.

Sure it can be done! Esp. if you know Word VBA. I would take the info from your form9s) and store it in a table. Also include some value to tell you which page in the word doc each form belongs to.

Add fields to your word doc, protect the doc, then merge your data to each fiels in the word document.

Be warned tho, this may take a fair amount of work. We did it for approx. 100 Word forms. We used Word 97. Data came from screen scraps and was stored in a text file. Depending on the Word doc we needed, the doc would open a template, the template would open a flat file containing the data and populate the document. If needed, the doc was either stored to a optical storage system or printed (along with the envelops) to be mailed. mailed doc were ones that needed a signature.

The user could also open up a document thru the use of a Word macro. It was a very time consuming project, to say the least!!!

thank you for your reply.
    that sounds really complecated love to have you on my project team. I am looking at generating a form that will create a report with the info from the form. Saving the report as a .rtf(rich text format) and then merging it with the word report.

I would love to be able to add the interactive form to the word document. and print the result straight for there.

dreams are free.

cheers
    Nerdy Girl