Question Unanswered: Word Perfect 10 - file problem

Hello! I have a Word Perfect 10 problem. There are twelve files, each with 250 to 14,000 words. I want to get an exact word count on each, and that is no problem for ten of these files, including the largest.

One is a problem. When I attempt a word count (this one is about 7,000 words), I get "insufficient memory," and WP freezes. It does not do this when I attempt any other action, and using cut and paste, the file can be counted on "Word." I tried "reveal codes," but could not see anything that was doing this. My guess is I have placed some kind of crazy command somewhere. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I feel dumb, but, I have Word Perfect 10 and I cannot see how to have it count words! I write reports that need to be a certain word count. Can you help me? I would think it would be under "tools" but, I don't see anything that i would think would provide word counting.

Ivor Thomas

Wordperfect wordcount

Originally posted by Ivor Thomas
    I feel dumb, but, I have Word Perfect 10 and I cannot see how to have it count words! I write reports that need to be a certain word count. Can you help me? I would think it would be under "tools" but, I don't see anything that i would think would provide word counting.

Ivor Thomas
    Actually its quite simple, not as easy as Microsoft Word but nonetheless simple, here are the instructions on Word Count in Word Perfect 10:

In WordPerfect
    Go to the “File” menu on the main toolbar
    Click on the “Properties” selection
    Click on the word “Information”