Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach

Unanswered: Row height in Reports

I have a report that I would like to move from Excel to Access. The one problem that I am having is that the report spans two pages wide. In Excel you can set it to print left to right meaning page two is the continuation (of columns).

With that I have a cell that may vary in height which, in turn, will set the entire row height. This is a good thing because when I print the report the rows appear in approximately the same area of the page for page 1 and page 2 (and Page 3 and page 4, etc). This is due to the fact that a single cell height for a row dictates the height for the entire row.

Now ... moving this report to Access. I am initially assuming that I will need to build page 1 and page 2 (the continuation of columns) into two separate reports. If I do this, then my row height could be different on both reports (unless I do not allow the text boxes to expand-which is not an option). This row height difference will make use of the reports very difficult as records will not be in a similar space on the page.

Are there any suggestions for how to implement this differently?

Thank you,
    Jack

Try just making a report of twice the width. The extra columns will be forced to a second page. I sometimes get small chunks of a report onto the second page if I am not careful.

Earth | North America | United States | California | Long Beach
    Thanks for the response. I have attempted this and was excited about the possibility until I found that the maximum width for a report is 22". The original report (within Excel) printed on Legal size paper.

So, unfortunately with this solution I would need the ability to print 28" wide.

Any other thoughts to get me further on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jack