Unanswered: data entry via web

Hello,

I'm looking for some direction. I've just begun using access and I manage a manufacturing plant. I have set up tables and forms before, but now, I need to have data entry capability from 15 to 20 different locations in the plant. I was hoping to do this via data access pages, because that way I wouldn't have to purchase all those extra access seats for just data entry. The problem I'm running into is setting up my validations (lookups) in each field on the data access page. Everything was great in the forms. Also, in the forms I set up event procedures to enter the current time and date when those fields were selected. I guess my question is...can I get similar functionality out of the data access pages, or do I need to use the Access forms and buy software for each data entry machine?

Thanks so much for any advice,
    Aaron

You could avoid the extra access seats by using the runtime engine.

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    You could avoid the extra access seats by using the runtime engine.
    Do I need Access Developer to accomplish this? If so, is it a user friendly environment (meaning do I need to know code?) Thanks much for your help.

Aaron

Start installing access on one of the other computers and see if there is a runtime engine entry and install only that. I use the developer's tools to do this myself.