Question Unanswered: Border around combo box...

Hi all,

I have a list box with a fore colour of white and a transparent border as it is going on a white background however when I print out the report there is a thin black line around the left and the top edge of the list.

Is there a way of getting rid of this line or even better, how do you declare something similar to a SQL rowsource for a normal text field as the list box only displays one value?

Any help is always appreciated.

Regards,
    Chillylounge

Is the border style flat?
    What version of access?

Re: Border around combo box...

Originally posted by chillylounge
    Hi all,

I have a list box with a fore colour of white and a transparent border as it is going on a white background however when I print out the report there is a thin black line around the left and the top edge of the list.

Is there a way of getting rid of this line or even better, how do you declare something similar to a SQL rowsource for a normal text field as the list box only displays one value?

Any help is always appreciated.

Regards,
    Chillylounge
    What are you trying to do? A text field has a controlsource property which can be assigned to a field name. Multiple records can be displayed on one report using one text box. A combo box will only display one record as it is a user interface control rather then a reporting control. A list box will display all items in the list box - but this may not show what you want from a recordsource

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    Is the border style flat?
    What version of access?
    Yes, the border style is flat and I am using access 2k. Also, its a list box not a combo box just incase you might of been getting confused with the subject.

Re: Border around combo box...

Originally posted by justin_tighe
    What are you trying to do? A text field has a controlsource property which can be assigned to a field name. Multiple records can be displayed on one report using one text box. A combo box will only display one record as it is a user interface control rather then a reporting control. A list box will display all items in the list box - but this may not show what you want from a recordsource
    I am just trying to display a value determined by a select statement. Which looks like:

Code:
    Dim strSQL
    strSQL = "Select Price from PhoneRates where [days] = " & Me.dayshired

Me.Listboxname.Rowsource = strSQL
    Me.Listboxname.Requery
    So, I want to either get rid of those annoying borders on the listbox or just use a text field where I know there is no borders but I am not sure if it is possible to make the controlsource the result of a sql query.

I tried:

Me.textfieldname.controlsource = strSQL

However it came up with a =#Name? error....

Tis all good, I just ended up using a DLookup for the controlsource and its working sweet.