Unanswered: Cascading boxes in excel

I am sure that this topic has arisen befor, and i have carried out a search, without really finding what i am after.

I have a form on my spreadsheet that adds data, i am trying to link to Comboboxes together,

My combo boxes are setup as follows.

cboManufact
    Ford
    Vauxhall
    Toyota

cboEdition
    Ka
    Fiesta
    Galaxy
    Vectra
    Corsa

so that if i select:

Manufacturer - Ford

in the combo box cboEdition i only get those cars associated with Ford, ie, KA....Fiesta..Galaxy

please help

Andy

If your running these combo boxes as sheet form controls I would used the 'validatin' function, if your cbo's are part of the VBA, I'd use a case statement to populate the combo boxes. Can you advise which type of control your useing?

I have attached my spreadsheet, so you can see more clearly what i am trying to achieve.

On the spreadsheet there are three worksheets, on the worksheet titled "Sales there is a button called New Sale

when clicked it launches a form to open and this is where i want the cascading options to happen.

Hope this makes sense.

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Open the attached book1.zip, to to the vba end of the program, launch (F5) and watch it work. This is an over simplification of the process. In your case where you might be dealing with hundreds of model types, I would probably built this in a different app or if in excel with different conventions.
    Good luck

Originally posted by Chimp8471
    I have attached my spreadsheet, so you can see more clearly what i am trying to achieve.

On the spreadsheet there are three worksheets, on the worksheet titled "Sales there is a button called New Sale

when clicked it launches a form to open and this is where i want the cascading options to happen.

Hope this makes sense.

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok that looks like what i am after i will have a play.....but it does appear there is a GOD

I will follow up with my progress

many thanks

Andy