Unanswered: query db2 and oracle in one bit of sql

hi folks.
    Does anyone know what middleware options are available to allow you to query, and possibly update, both oracle (on solaris) and DB2 (mainframe) tables in a single sql statement. I know that IBM offer a product called Information Integrator that allows you to do this. Do Oracle have an equivalent product. Are there any third party products.

Any info gratefully received !

Virginia, USA

If you want to control this from the Oracle side, then you can use Oracle's Transparent Gateway for DB2 (TG4DB2). I think it's $10K per server. It makes DB2 databases look like just another Oracle database in your network.

If you want to control this from the DB2 side, IBM has an equivenant product. Just seach the IBM web site for "oracle" and you'll find links to the relevant products and setup instructions. They have multiple products, depending on what you want to do. For example, IBM has a new replication tool, if you need to push replicated transactions from DB2 to Oracle, but it requires DB2 v8 and is a very new product.

Re: TG4DB2

I just found a product called CONNX which also looks like it enables it too. Not sure what the relative capabilities/costs are yet...I'll have to look into it. Thanks for your reply....