Question Unanswered: Access and NT Security

Hello,
    I have a question regarding Access database security.
    I have an Access 2000 database on a share and i am trying to find the best way to lock down the share.
    As of now the groups that need to run the access application have Full Control over the share.
    Is there any other way in which i can restrict access to the database at the NT level. I find that if i remove full control access to the share that group cannot update the database.
    Will this be any different for an Access database with linked tables to SQL Server?
    thanks

Re: Access and NT Security

Very hard. I don't think that you can restrict permission from NT level. User must have read/write rights because of the locking file creation on the folder.

You can make your db safe using other Access techniques. There are alot of white papers available and also knowledge base articles on microsoft's web site.

Originally posted by hinelpatel
    Hello,
    I have a question regarding Access database security.
    I have an Access 2000 database on a share and i am trying to find the best way to lock down the share.
    As of now the groups that need to run the access application have Full Control over the share.
    Is there any other way in which i can restrict access to the database at the NT level. I find that if i remove full control access to the share that group cannot update the database.
    Will this be any different for an Access database with linked tables to SQL Server?
    thanks