Unanswered: Clustered DB Server

I had prior experience in clustering DB servers. But at that time, the OS did seem to be mature enough to handle clustering. Does any one have more current experience about how clustering sql database servers runs. Faster or slower? Any performance gain at all? Any opinions will be appreciated.

Re: Clustered DB Server

Sorry! I made the wrong statement. I meant to say when I did the clustering, the OS did NOT seem to be able to handle it very well. I am looking for opinions from any one who has experience in clustering in a Windows 2000 or 2003(perferrable) environment.

Provided Answers: 11
    Windows 2000 seems to have made decent progress in this area, but we have had extraordinary pain with our hardware not liking life. Be forewarned that although MS says it is up and running 24x7, there are some hardware fixes that will bring you down entirely. Notably anything to do with your disk array/cabinet. Also make sure that you place the quorum on its own physical (that's right, physical) device. I know the quorum takes up all of maybe 100MB, but MS suggests this, in order to keep the server running. Basically, if you generate enough I/O on the disk, you can lose sight of the quorum disk, which means the cluster will fall down and go boom.