Thread: Pop-up message

Unanswered: Pop-up message

Is there a way to create a field in my database that is a date field and when I manually enter a date (future date), access will pop up a message I entered in a different field (text field)?

Also, if the date I entered has already expired, I would like for access to still give me that message just once…

Re: Pop-up message

Originally posted by alex8111
    Is there a way to create a field in my database that is a date field and when I manually enter a date (future date), access will pop up a message I entered in a different field (text field)?

Also, if the date I entered has already expired, I would like for access to still give me that message just once…

Do you mean when focus has gone from the date field to a text field or that simple text is writen in the date field?

Re: Pop-up message

Originally posted by alex8111

Assuming you are using a form, and have a table called 'messages', with a date field called 'msg_date' and a text field called 'msg_text':

Use something like this on your After Update event of the date text box on your form:

Dim sMsg as string
    Dim sCriteria as string
    Dim dDate as Date

dDate = txtDate 'PUT THE DATE YOU ENTERED IN A VARIABLE
    sCriteria = "msg_date = #" & dDate & "#" 'AND THE LOOKUP CRITERIA
    if dDate > date() then 'IF THE DATE IS FUTURE
    'USE DLOOKUP TO RETRIEVE THE TEXT FROM THE TABLE
    sMsg = DLookup("msg_txt","messages", sCriteria)
    else
    'I DIDNT REALLY UNDERSTAND THE 2ND PART OF YOUR QUESTION
    'BUT THE CODE WOULD GO HERE
    end if

Hope this helps

How can itest this? I did what you said but nothing has happened