Thread: combine records

Unanswered: combine records

I have a situation where two users have the exact same copy of the same database. When they are on the field, one user enters in the SiteID field starting 1000 and the other user enters in the SiteID field starting 2000 in AppData table.
    My goal is when they come to the office to be able to combine both (SiteID) in one database and eventually be able to put the back end (table) on a server…
    Here is what I did:
    First I renamed the tables as AppData1000 and AppData2000 then opened AppData1000 and imported AppData2000 into AppData1000. Since field names are the same, access adds 1 after the imported field names.
    Second I created a new query and clicked close in the Show Table (didn’t select any field) and then go to SQL view and put the following:

INSERT INTO AppData1000
    SELECT *
    FROM AppData2000

I get the following message: “The Microsoft Jet database engine can not find the input table or query “AppData2000!” Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I would appreciate if you could e-mail me with ideas!

Give them a form with an upload button, have this upload button select the records which have not yet been uploaded (use a flag).

Make a link from their db to the server db, and use the append query to copy the records over during the click event of your upload button.

Before you hand control back to the user, run an update query to set the uploaded flag to Yes.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.