Thread: Subform

Unanswered: Subform

I asked earlier how I could make a form, where user can select multiple records and after he presses Ok-button the records are passed on to a report.

Someone suggested listbox, but it doesn't work for me because a single report has 4 fields (first name, last name and 2 other fields) that must be displayed so that the user can select the right records. I tried the listbox, but it only displayed the first field of the record (First name) and in this case it's not enough. There's about 450 records in the table, it's hard to choose the right records by first name.

I'll try explain a little bit more:

I have form that is supposed to be used as a list, where user can select multiple records. The selected records must be visible (perhaps in another subform?), so that user can delete records if he changes his mind. When the Ok-button is pressed the selected records are passed on to a report.

I was wondering, could I use subforms to make this form work properly?

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Subform

Originally posted by Sham81
    I asked earlier how I could make a form, where user can select multiple records and after he presses Ok-button the records are passed on to a report.

Someone suggested listbox, but it doesn't work for me because a single report has 4 fields (first name, last name and 2 other fields) that must be displayed so that the user can select the right records. I tried the listbox, but it only displayed the first field of the record (First name) and in this case it's not enough. There's about 450 records in the table, it's hard to choose the right records by first name.

I'll try explain a little bit more:

I have form that is supposed to be used as a list, where user can select multiple records. The selected records must be visible (perhaps in another subform?), so that user can delete records if he changes his mind. When the Ok-button is pressed the selected records are passed on to a report.

In the ListBox you can display more than one field, if you adjust the Number of Fields porperty and the ColumnsWidth

I was wondering, could I use subforms to make this form work properly?

Here is again:

In the ListBox you can display more than one field, if you adjust the Number of Fields porperty and the ColumnsWidths

Really? That will do... thanks

When I select the records they move to the other listbox, but it doesn't show anything else then first name. First it didn't work at all, but when changed the row source type of the second list box to value list.

Originally posted by Sham81
    When I select the records they move to the other listbox, but it doesn't show anything else then first name. First it didn't work at all, but when changed the row source type of the second list box to value list.
    I don't understand, which other Listbox

here is an example in the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

hammbakka

The idea is that when user selects records from the first list box, the selected items can be seen in the other list box, so that the user can delete them.