Unanswered: Cleaning up report and Query - simple, but how?

I have created a query that pulls in data from a customer table and a transaction table.

I want my report to print the customer information, no problem
    and it also prints all the transactions from the detail in the transaction table..

The problem is that it is repeating the customer information line by line for each of the transactions.. I just want the customer information and then All the detail transactions on one page, in one group..

How can I do this?

Re: Cleaning up report and Query - simple, but how?

Originally posted by databasemon
    I have created a query that pulls in data from a customer table and a transaction table.

I want my report to print the customer information, no problem
    and it also prints all the transactions from the detail in the transaction table..

The problem is that it is repeating the customer information line by line for each of the transactions.. I just want the customer information and then All the detail transactions on one page, in one group..

How can I do this?
    You´ll have to change your report.

Use the report wizard, and when it ask if u want to add levels to your report, select the Customer informations.
    My environment: Windows XP/ Access 2000 - Using Microsoft DAO 3.6 Library

I've tried several different groupings but the report keeps showing the same customer 5 times as a seperate record for each transaction in the transaction table..

I want the customer information to print once on the report,, and then EACH transaction to print under the customer information... and then on to the next customer... etc...

I may need to change the query to do this... any thoughts??

What customer info where you attempting to group on? Mind that if you have even a space difference between 2 records that they will print out as being in different groups ... That goes for what I think is happening with you: You're querying for multiple columns of customer info and everything is the same EXCEPT for 1 column which blows your grouping ... Check that out.

Thanks for the tips, that is not really happening here.

I can create a form and a subform that have the exact information I want to print to a report,, but I think what I need to do is to create a two queries [one for Transaction and one for the Customer information]
    and then a MainReport with the customer information

and the subReport would display the Transaction information for each of the customers..

I'm working on it now and it appears to give me what I want...