Question Unanswered: Too many tables locked

I have run into this problem executing a shell script with a series of dbload statements. Is there any way to get prevent this?

The processing only went to the 41st dbload statement before running out of locks. Most of these tables have little to no data in them. I have the database in No Transaction Mode and no indexes on the tables yet.

Thanks!

Re: Too many tables locked

Originally posted by jenifer
    I have run into this problem executing a shell script with a series of dbload statements. Is there any way to get prevent this?

The processing only went to the 41st dbload statement before running out of locks. Most of these tables have little to no data in them. I have the database in No Transaction Mode and no indexes on the tables yet.

Thanks!

Hi Jenifer,

As these running the dbload?.
    It executes this: dbload -d database -c filecmd -n 1000 -l logfile....
    So that do not have problems with lockeos, add him al dbload "-n 1000", this is each 1000 rows does commit. The dbload is a transaccion in them.

Gustavo.

I'm making an assumption that you are running on NT. I ran into a similar problem. The solution was to use either the -r or -k option, though I don't remember which one.
    Fred Prose

Too many tables locked error message

I have done both the -n 1000 and the -k option with no luck!

I am running on Linux RH 2.4, IDS 9.40 ..

Thanks..

Try -r. Like I said, I don't remember which combination got it for me and I don't have the scripts to fall back on.
    Fred Prose