Unanswered: DTS package step to disable

Hi DBA's,

I have a DTS package that has steps 1 to 13. Say for a given situation I do not want the package to execute Step 11, 12 and 13 but steps 1 to 10 should be executed and the package should be treated as a sucess. Please confirm if the following approach is correct.

1. I go to Local Packages on the EM and then open up my package in designer view.
    2. I go to step 11, right-click to go to WorkFlow properties. I go to Options tab and under execution I select disable this step.
    3. I repeat the process for step 12 and step 13. Now 11 to 13 are disabled. I now execute the package.

Is the above correct?

That will work in your description - but that is very hardwired - when would you not execute those steps ?

Originally posted by rnealejr
    That will work in your description - but that is very hardwired - when would you not execute those steps ?

Well step 11 is a stored proc which is failing now in the DTS package. So I want to disable step 11 and all the further steps. I intend to run step 11 in the QA. I tried to automate it by includusing step 11 in a DTS package. I am concerned with only step 1 to step 10. the rest of the steps 11-13 can be done manually.