Unanswered: Debug set up on Interdev 6

Hello,

I'm a newbie in ASP. I have an ASP page that calls on a COM object. The COM code is failing at some point. Is there a way to configure Interdev so I can walk through the code, from the ASP to the COM object. Rather, the code will jump back and forth from the ASP to COM and vice versa. Thanks in advance!

Assuming your IIS server and your com dev machine is on the same box,... you should be able to start your vb com project running, which will create a temporary verson of the object. You asp pages should then link to that temporary object and you should be able to debug interactively... from memory...

Darn, got half way though this reply and missed something....

I never had much success interactively debugging the asp itself though (I dunno if you can) but you can pop out debugging messages to dtermine where you are up to and the value of varriables and the like.

Thanks rocslide, I'm still trying to get it to work. There seems to be some hooks missing because I'm not sure any more how to configure debug such that I can step through my asp and com code as if I was on one page or module of code. I'll let you know if I figure this out. Thanks again.

Was the com object written in vb and do you have access to the source code ?

Yes, the COM obj was in VB and I have both code on the same environment, different folders of course.

Create a vb project that includes the com object - this is the simplest way to debug the com object.

Or you can do the following:

Open the com objects project - run the application (putting a breakpoint at the beginning of the code that is causing the problem).
    Open visual interdev - put a breakpoint in the asp page where the objects method is called.