Unanswered: db2 client 8.1.4

Hi,
    i'm trying to talk with a db2 on os/390 v7.1 through a db2 connect 7.2.8 on NT from a db2 client 8.1.4
    in the meanwhile i have problems.
    when adding the db from the client configuratuin assistant, i get SQL1334N The database cannot be used to route a remote requet to a second database in this configuration.

Does anyone here works with this configuration ?

Thank, maayan.

Re: db2 client 8.1.4

You may have to read DB2 Connect manuals to check the incompatabilities ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by maayanp
    Hi,
    i'm trying to talk with a db2 on os/390 v7.1 through a db2 connect 7.2.8 on NT from a db2 client 8.1.4
    when adding the db from the client configuratuin assistant, i get SQL1334N The database cannot be used to route a remote requet to a second database in this configuration.

Thank, maayan.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Re: db2 client 8.1.4

Hi maayan,

basically, IBM does not support current clients working against older databases.

AFAIK you should be able to work against a V7 something host database if your connect gateway is version 8. You can probably try to install a local DB2 connect gateway in order to check if this would work.

Johann

Originally posted by maayanp
    Hi,

Thank, maayan.

Johann is correct. I am currently upgrading our DB2 Connect gateways to v8. I've run into quite a few problems, so I'm pretty well versed on the requirments. The gateway must be at v8 for a client running 8 to connect. There is no way around that. You will need to load the version 7 client to connect. Jessica