Question Unanswered: Checking Existence Of The Arguments To Stored Procedure

I want to check to see if an argument has been defined in a procedure, it could take a default value, but I don't want to use this method since all values that if can take are valid values, there are no special values that it could be (e.g. null or -1).

Is there a function called, for example, isDefined(x) which I can use to check it one of the argument has been defined.

Re: Checking Existence Of The Arguments To Stored Procedure

Originally posted by alex.collins
    I want to check to see if an argument has been defined in a procedure, it could take a default value, but I don't want to use this method since all values that if can take are valid values, there are no special values that it could be (e.g. null or -1).

Is there a function called, for example, isDefined(x) which I can use to check it one of the argument has been defined.
    Hi,

Not, does not exist.

GUstavo.

If you are on version 9.x you can overload functions and stored procedures. For example, you could have:

a(p1)
    a(p1,p2)
    a(p1,p2,p3)

The versions that get's called depends on the number of parameters that you pass.

This doesn't work if someone decides they want a(p1,p3).

My suggestion, slap your programmers and have them pass a token you can check.
    Fred Prose

Ah, no..

I'm on 7.31 unfortunatly.