Question Unanswered: sql server 2000, dts and identity col

Hello,
    I am importing a text file into a table that has an identiry col (used as primary key).
    The text file does NOT contain the value for the identity col - I have 'enable identity insert' off (unchecked).

I would like sql server to auto generate the value as it inserts the rows (of course I would - after all it is an identity col).

Unfortunately, when I run the import it immediately complains about a null value for the identity col - I thought that unchecking 'enable identity insert' would be enough.

I have a few data transformations and none of those mention the identity col.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks

I added another transformation routine that simply set my identity col = 0 - and it worked - I don't know why but it worked.

Has anyone run into this problem before - if so, is there a more rational way to get sql server to assign the identity col a value?

Thanks!

Arrow

Originally posted by gtr111
    I added another transformation routine that simply set my identity col = 0 - and it worked - I don't know why but it worked.

Has anyone run into this problem before - if so, is there a more rational way to get sql server to assign the identity col a value?

Thanks!
    Create target table without IDENTITY - only INT
    For example,
    OLD -
    CREATE TABLE [D_Color] (
    [id_color] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,

New --->

CREATE TABLE [D_Color] (
    [id_color] [int] NOT NULL ,