Unanswered: how to get file modification time and date(including year) in solaris?

How can I get the last modification time and date (mmm/dd/year) of a file in Solaris.

In Linux you can find out the full time and date of a file by typing
    ls --full-time command.

How can I get the same info in Solaris?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: how to get file modification time and date(including year) in solaris?

Originally posted by msr20
    How can I get the last modification time and date (mmm/dd/year) of a file in Solaris.

In Linux you can find out the full time and date of a file by typing
    ls --full-time command.

How can I get the same info in Solaris?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Hi,

Please check with "ls -lu".

Gustavo.

In linux, If you type "ls --full-time", it includes the year in the file last modification time. If you type "ls -l" , it won't not display the year for recent files. Example of "ls --full-time" :

drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Wed Nov 19 23:14:04 2003 file1

drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Thu Nov 20 23:30:31 2003 file2

But in Solaris, "ls --full-time" switch option is not available. I tried
    "ls -lu" , it still does not dispaly the year. By the way -u option is used to get the use time of last access instead of last modification time of a file.

In above example , if you type " ls -l" instead of using the "--full-time" option, the year will not be displayed. I need the year.
    drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Nov 19 23:14 test
    drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Nov 20 23:30 test2

Is there a way to get the last modification of a file that includes the year along with month, day, and time in Solaris?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by msr20
    In linux, If you type "ls --full-time", it includes the year in the file last modification time. If you type "ls -l" , it won't not display the year for recent files. Example of "ls --full-time" :

drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Wed Nov 19 23:14:04 2003 file1

drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Thu Nov 20 23:30:31 2003 file2

But in Solaris, "ls --full-time" switch option is not available. I tried
    "ls -lu" , it still does not dispaly the year. By the way -u option is used to get the use time of last access instead of last modification time of a file.

In above example , if you type " ls -l" instead of using the "--full-time" option, the year will not be displayed. I need the year.
    drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Nov 19 23:14 test
    drwx------ 2 msr20 students 4096 Nov 20 23:30 test2

Is there a way to get the last modification of a file that includes the year along with month, day, and time in Solaris?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Hi,

I think that, in Unix, all files and directory that be into calendar year not show the year.

Gustavo.

if files are less than sixmonths old then calendar year is not displayed using ll command., otherwise yr shows ( atleast on HP-UX )

Thanks for your response. I used Perl script to get the last modification time of a file. I guess, it is not possible using shell script. I used the stat function to solve my problem. If you type man stat, it shows you how you can get this information.

Thanks!

ls -E is the answer.