Thread: AWK Scripting

Unanswered: AWK Scripting

Hi all,

Im reallativly new to unix so please forgive any technical mistypes.

Im currently trying to setup a AWK script that converts my comma delimited text file to User specific files with all times and downloads calculated.

my file has 13 fields
    server name-$1 , name-$2 , port no-$3 , in date-$4 , in time-$5 , out date-$6 , out time-$7 , min-$8 , bytes sent-$9 , bytes received-$10 , port speed-$11 , how off-$12 , unique id-$13

How do I output this file to individual files named $2.txt and then total all the times ($8) and bytes downloaded ($9) and bytes uploaded ($10) in those new pages.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
    Richard Rohde

Re: AWK Scripting

Originally posted by rrohde
    Hi all,

Im reallativly new to unix so please forgive any technical mistypes.

Im currently trying to setup a AWK script that converts my comma delimited text file to User specific files with all times and downloads calculated.

my file has 13 fields
    server name-$1 , name-$2 , port no-$3 , in date-$4 , in time-$5 , out date-$6 , out time-$7 , min-$8 , bytes sent-$9 , bytes received-$10 , port speed-$11 , how off-$12 , unique id-$13

How do I output this file to individual files named $2.txt and then total all the times ($8) and bytes downloaded ($9) and bytes uploaded ($10) in those new pages.

Thank you for your time.

Regards
    Richard Rohde
    Hi Richard,

Check this:

#!/bin/ksh
    cat filename|awk -F',' 'BEGIN {t1=0} {t2=0} {t3=0} {t1+=$8} {t2+=$9} {t3+=$10} END {printf "%d\t%d\t%d\n",t1,t2,t3}'

Gustavo.