Unanswered: I want "lights" on my form

I have a form that I wish to put little graphical lights on. I wish the lights to change colour according to other data on the form.
    Does Access have these built in or do I have to download from somewhere ?

Any ideas anyone ?

Re: I want "lights" on my form

i'm not quite sure how you'd like your lights to appear but here an idea i hope would help you. first, access does not have a built in tool for this type of application but basically you need to put a timer in your form and reference the timer to the light you like. or do you want a certain colour for a particular data? if so, you need to assign one for every distinct value in your record. hope, i've given you the idea you need.

if you happen to get a sample from elsewhere i would like to have a copy as well, if it's alright with you.

cheers,
    ReggieSter

Originally posted by davidcoombs
    I have a form that I wish to put little graphical lights on. I wish the lights to change colour according to other data on the form.
    Does Access have these built in or do I have to download from somewhere ?

Any ideas anyone ?

Use labels or blank textboxes and set their conditional formatting properties to change back/fore color based on the data (use expression is in conditional formatting). No code, no timer and simple.

SubForm

You can make two subForms with two different lights or more then that, and then regarding to your data you can change their RecordSource (VBA) to the one that has the proper light for you, do that in a current record property of a master form.