Unanswered: Interbase Query: Saving results

Hello Folks,

Im running a query on Interbase 7.1 using the interactive sql tool(GUI). How I could save the reuslts of the query to a file?

I don´t see in the GUI such option, like when you run queries using SQL Analyzer in SQL2000.

Regards,

Re: Interbase Query: Saving results

Originally posted by jeremas
    Hello Folks,

Im running a query on Interbase 7.1 using the interactive sql tool(GUI). How I could save the reuslts of the query to a file?

I don´t see in the GUI such option, like when you run queries using SQL Analyzer in SQL2000.

Regards,
    Since I am not sure what tool you are using - one option you always have is using external tables.

Frank

Interbase Output

Hi,

I found the way to send results of a SQL Query ran using the same IB Console. You go to the main menu:

fter executing an SQL statement you may want to save the results in a file. This is called Exporting in IBConsole. To export the current result set, select QueryàSave Output To File… from the main menu. This opens the Export To dialog box, allowing you to specify the path and the name of the file.
    By default, the export file will be saved with a .txt extension, which can be disabled by selecting All Files (*.*) from the Save as type drop down menu. Press Save on the Export to dialog to save the data to the specified file.

Copyright © 1999 InterBase Software Corp. All rights reserved. Please obtain permission before copying InterBase help text.

Now the problem is that it exports few records every 5 minutes, approx. It is very slow.

How I could improve the performance?

Regards,

Maybe the better way will be to use some third-party tool like EMS IB Manager? It has powerful abilities to save query results in different formats.
    http://www.sqlmanager.net/products/ibfb/manager