Smile Unanswered: A Newbie: DB2 Triggers questions?

Hello everyone...I'm a newbie and would love to be part of this community..I hope I could help and get help as well

In the meantime I got a problem with DB2 triggers. I need to update a library information system with data of its users that are updated somewhere else; student information system perse. So whenever an update occures, a UDP will write a txt file with updated rows with their data and send it through the network to the student information system dba and would be taken care of by the dba.

The question is, what's the optimal way to fire the trigger as less times as possible. I mean could a trigger be fired based on an update session. The reason is, I don't want to have so many txt files with updated data that may have only one row for example. I need the trigger to fire with the most updated data as possible.

Looking forward to interacting with u ppl in here. Cheerz

Re: A Newbie: DB2 Triggers questions?

Visit www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd and search for the word 'trigger' ... There are couple of good articles on the subject ... Hope one if them answers your question ...

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.