Unanswered: LOB's DB V7.2 FP3 sur NT --> DB V8.1 FP3 sur AIX5, movet DB with lobs inter platform

Hello,

I have to move a DB which contains CLOB, BLOB who is now on a server NT4: DB2 V7.2 FP10.

The new DB reside on an AIX 5.1 , DB2 V8.1 FP3.

The tables with LOB's contains until 5 000 000 of rows.

I noticed that the utility DB2MOVE can create until 26'000 files, it is not enough.

I tried so to create Federated Database to make an "Insert into table select * from nickname_xy"
    If there is no LOB, everything is running well ; But as soon as there are LOBS, I receive a sql0351N, it seems LOBS are not supported whe using nicknames and Federated Databases.
    Can someone help me to find another solutions?
    Thank you in advance.
    Bernard

Re: LOB's DB V7.2 FP3 sur NT --> DB V8.1 FP3 sur AIX5, movet DB with lobs inter platform

You may have to setup multiple export and import scripts to get the data across ...

Each export should extract a subset of data (say, when created between date1 and date2 ).

Cheers
    Sathyaram

[

QUOTE]Originally posted by tfrchb01
    Hello,

I have to move a DB which contains CLOB, BLOB who is now on a server NT4: DB2 V7.2 FP10.

The new DB reside on an AIX 5.1 , DB2 V8.1 FP3.

The tables with LOB's contains until 5 000 000 of rows.

I noticed that the utility DB2MOVE can create until 26'000 files, it is not enough.

I tried so to create Federated Database to make an "Insert into table select * from nickname_xy"
    If there is no LOB, everything is running well ; But as soon as there are LOBS, I receive a sql0351N, it seems LOBS are not supported whe using nicknames and Federated Databases.
    Can someone help me to find another solutions?
    Thank you in advance.
    Bernard
    [/QUOTE]
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

LOBS V7.2 --> V8.1

Thanks for you help Sathyaram,

I also tried with Federated using pass-through, it does not work.
    restrictions due to DB2 V7.2 and DB2 V8.1

I'll use export-import.
    Cheers
    Bernard