Unanswered: This time it's combo box trouble......

Hi all,

Hope someone can help....

I have a form containing 8 fields:

1. Combo1 - (Dropdown of selectable 'Global Names')
    2. shareholding value
    3. shareholding date
    4. Setup ID
    5. Status
    6. Amend ID
    7. Source
    8. Domicile_Region - combo box(2)

All 8 fields are bound to a 'Shareholdings' table.

When the user selects a 'Global Name' from combo1, I need to limit the choice of 'Domicile_Region' values they can select from combo2.
    Each 'Global Name' is associated with only 1 possible 'Domicile_Region', and I want to reflect this on the form.
    The 'Global Names' are assigned their specific 'Domicile_Region' in a main table - 'Global Names'.
    (Relevant fields in table 'Global Names' are 'Name'(key), & 'Domicile_Region')

I've searched around in here and there are a few examples of code that should be able to achieve this, but I can't seem to get it to work using any of them.

In the properties for combo1, I've put in this afterupdate event:

Private Sub Combo1_AfterUpdate()

Me.Domicile_Region.RowSource = "SELECT Domicile_Region FROM Global Names WHERE Name = '" & Me.combo1 & "'"

End Sub

When I go to the form, and make a selection from the Global Names dropdown (combo1), and then expand the 'domicile_region' dropdown (combo2), it's blank.

1. Is the syntax in the code ok?
    2. If I'm setting the rowsource for combo2 in the update event of combo1, do I have to set the rowsource in the actual properties list for combo2 also?

Sorry if this is difficult to follow, I know my naming conventions are terrible....

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks
    D

Talking

Working now - left a set of brackets out of the code.

Sheesh...

D