Thread: Report Ordering

Unanswered: Report Ordering

When printing a report, can I get it to order by a text field and then date?

What I have is a text field I use for times (mainly so I can enter inclusive times like 0700 - 0800) and then a date field.

In reports, design and then properties I have the order by properties set like hiddendate,occuredtime with order by on set to yes (true)

Reports can be based off queries. It is easier to handle ordering in queries. Therefore make the query to return the records in the order required and then use the query as the basis of the report.

HTH

Hmmm

I did just that, put both in ascending order.

Hiddendate is just before occuredtime with both set to ascending but the report is still not coming out correct.

The query looks just fine.

Maybe I should just build a new report?

Use the report wizard to create a report and see if this is in the correct order. If it is have a look at how it is grouped and this should solve your problem.

HTH

Look at menu item VIEW, SORTING AND GROUPING. This is how you setup ordering in a report. Sometimes you may use the same query for different results based on the users request and you will have to order within the query.

S-

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb Re: Report Ordering

Originally posted by jacque427
    When printing a report, can I get it to order by a text field and then date?

What I have is a text field I use for times (mainly so I can enter inclusive times like 0700 - 0800) and then a date field.

In reports, design and then properties I have the order by properties set like hiddendate,occuredtime with order by on set to yes (true)
    In the Report_Open put this

Me.OrderByOn = True
    Me.OrderBy = "[urTable]![urFirsField],[urTable]![urSecoundField]"

Works!

I got it to work, what I did was create a new query sorted by both fields, then created a new report.

Maybe I did something else too, but I'm not sure.

The end result is that it works.

I really do appreciate everyones help.

Jacque